In this assignment I had to find 4 songs that related to the movie “I am Sam” and I tried choosing  songs that are each related in different ways!

1. Puzzle – Brad Urban

The reason I think this song relates to the film is because this song is talking about autism in general and Sam has autism in the movie and the song explains how you have to battle autism now for the rest of your life and it’s a fight. One of the lines in the song is “This is for both of us” and that line really reminded me about how all Sam is trying to do in the movie is give Lucy everything she deserves as much as he possibly can and that he’s fighting to have custody for her for the both of them.

2. Temporary Home – Carrie Underwood

The reason I choose this song was because it talks about a kid having to go live someone else in there house and it explains that the kid knows it’s their temporary home and that it’ll never be considered “home” to them. This song reminded me of when Lucy was taken to live with foster parents and she kept sneaking out in the night and running to Sam’s house because she knew it wasn’t home and she wasn’t going to consider it home because she knew the only place that was going to be home would be with Sam. Although the music video doesn’t completely relate to this topic the words definitely do in my opinion.

One thought on “I am Sam: CC Section B My 4 songs that relate”

1. Mak, I like that you listed the artist’s name and song title before each of your explanations. You gave some really thorough and specific explanations for the song selection. You’re missing two songs, though! What happened.